Saturday, February 15, 2014

February 15, 2014

Today was a happy day, but in a very quiet, understated way.  I was up early to run music at my daughter's ballet studio.  Her teacher was holding mock exams for her students who will be taking their real ballet exams next week.  That was fun, but...eh, I'm not sure it qualifies as today's happy moment.  My daughter and I ran a few low-key errands, came home, ate a salad for dinner standing at the kitchen island.  That was happy because it was easy and good enough, unlike what dinner is when the boys are home.  

And speaking of the boys not being home, that is a big part of what made the day happy.  I love my son and husband, but seriously, it is nice when they're gone too.  Tom is stressful.  I haven't yet put my finger on why, but he is.  Except that I keep trying to feed him, Robert isn't stressful -- but Tom is.

So today was happy because we girls were alone.  We re-watched Two Weeks Notice tonight, which was very fun, and something we could never have done if the boys were home.

But the most notable happy moment today was finally finishing Isabelle's audition videos for the summer ballet intensive she is applying for.  "Finishing" them only meant editing out a wee bit from the front and back of a handful of clips of her doing some center work in ballet class, and then getting them all into a folder on DropBox.  It was just a relief to get it done and sending the link off to the ballet school.  I'm not sure it was exactly what they wanted -- it was a handful of short clips rather than one.  But we are not savvy enough to know how to merge all the clips into one file.  But this way they can see each individual exercise as they choose, rather than having to wade through five minutes of stuff to see whatever part they might be interested in.  Eh -- they would rather have had one file, but this was the best I could do.  

Anyway, I got it done and she looked beautiful.  There was also included her Aurora variation that we recorded for another audition last December.  C'mon, they have to be impressed with that.  It is beautiful.  And even though I didn't need to because I had already sent them a hardcopy, I did include a picture of her first arabesque in the Dropbox folder.  Man, she is gorgeous -- it's an amazing arabesque.  

So, I guess that was my happiest moment today -- hitting that send button and knowing I could cross that off my to-do list.  Isn't it funny how the longer something stays on your to-do list, the bigger and harder and uglier it gets?  

But now I am about to have another happy moment -- I'm going to bed.  Yippee!  And good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment