Thursday, April 26, 2018

April 26, 2018

It is morning, but I posted yesterday morning as well, so yesterday's happy moment was never chosen.  So, I am doing a bit of catch-up, being a touch out of sync.  You won't mind though, will you?

My happy moment yesterday was binge watching Call the Midwife with Isabelle last night.  Really, it was more of a happy five hours, if you can believe we actually watched that many!  I love that show.  I absolutely love Sister Julienne especially.  She is my super hero; I want to be just like her.  <sigh>  And I love the rest of the characters too.  I think that show is genius.  Just genius.  How can you have so many good hearts all in one show and have any plot at all?  But they do it!  All protagonists, no antagonists, and it works.  I guess it's because life itself provides enough antagonism without needing characters to do it for us.

That was yesterday's happy moment.  So much so that I am having trouble getting it out of my head as I sit here this morning trying to have a quiet time. 

I also had a lovely time at the park with Oliver.  I hope to have a repeat of that again today!

So, off to have a quiet time, and then find another happy moment for this day, although I did have a happy moment already.  Robert texted me this morning.  That is always a happy moment!  I may run out to GR tomorrow to take him out for lunch if he has time.  He says he will let me know tonight if that will work.  Typical Robert -- no indication whatsoever of any surrounding circumstances.  Not even the merest glimpse into his life or world.  And if I do run out there for lunch, I will certainly carry the conversation, blathering on and on about the murky meanderings of my own mind.  My hope, my goal, as always, is to warm him up enough that he will share even a small tidbit of himself -- his thoughts, his life -- with me, but that doesn't always happen.  And I will be content with a warm rapport, with the knowledge that he knows I love him, that I value time with him enough that I am willing to spend a full four times as many minutes in the car to get there and back as I do in conversation with him.  I want him to know that I am willing, even eager, to do that just for the opportunity to be with him.  If he knows I love him I am content; if I come away feeling like he loves me and enjoys my company, I am especially happy.  (I know he loves me.  I hope he likes me.)

Ta ta for now!  I'm off to do my best impersonation of Sister Julienne today.  I'll be back to let you know how it goes.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment