Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Today's happy moment was really more of a thankful moment, and a terrible moment for someone else.  I was on my way to church in Detroit, traveling in the middle lane along the Lodge Freeway, which has cement walls on either side.  Another car about two car lengths ahead of me was in the right lane, minding its own business.  Suddenly, it began fishtailing wildly and crashed into the right wall.  Then it spun around, flew across all three lanes of traffic and crashed into the left wall where it finally stopped. 

Somehow, miraculously, everyone around managed to avoid a collision.  For my part, when I saw his car begin to fishtail, I braked slightly just to slow down.  Everyone else around me must have done the same that the lanes were clear as he flew across.

It was a terrible feeling to drive on!  I wasn't quite sure what to do.  For one thing, I was in the middle lane, right on top of the crash.  By the time I could have gotten over to the shoulder, I would have been 100 yards beyond.  Added to that, I was in downtown Detroit, and there wasn't much of a shoulder anyway.  And, I'm a woman.  As I drove by, I could see the driver still upright behind the steering wheel.  He looked okay.  And in my rearview mirror I saw a couple other cars pulling over. 

So, I am thankful to not have gotten hit myself.  I am thankful that he appeared to be okay.  And I am thankful that other cars did pull over to help him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment