Thursday, February 23, 2012

Thursday, February 23

Two happy moments today, one extra special and one just fun! 

First the extra special one.  My daughter, B, needed me to drop a suitcase and some other miscellany off to her at school because she is going on her church's winter retreat on Saturday.  I was going to go on Friday morning while daughter L was in homeschool classes, but we are expecting a snowstorm to come through in the wee hours of the morning, so I decided it would be prudent to get that to her tonight. 

Didn't really want to go.  I was all ready to curl up in our nice warm house and watch scintillating episodes of America's Funniest Videos and Everybody Loves Raymond.  But I also did not want to creep my way down there in the slush and snow in the morning, anticipating at any moment to careen into a ditch with no one to rescue since T is up north with R!  So I bit the bullet and went.

What a blessing!  She and I went out for coffee at the local Barnes and Noble and talked.  We talked the way only B and I can talk.  Somehow we were born on the same wavelength, the same brain frequency, and our conversation goes exactly where we both live.  It was wonderful and intimate and uplifting for me, but my heart was touched when I got home and L told me B's new facebook status: "I highly recommend my mom to be your best friend." Made me cry!

The fun moment came late at night.  L and I were both hoping her homeschool classes would be cancelled because of the coming winter storm, and as I was saying good-night to her she said, "I just wish they could tell us tonight!" (Rather than us having to get up early just to check.)  The words were no sooner out of her mouth when my iPhone went "ding!" indicating I'd just received a new e-mail.  I looked, and it was from the homeschool people saying they had cancelled classes!  Yahoo!  We got up and watched an episode of Everybody Love Raymond just to celebrate!  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment