Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday, February 29

Today was one of those even-keel days where nothing really stands out as a happy moment. 

Some good things happened.  B decided NOT to go to Atlanta this summer.  At first I was disappointed, as I had been excited for her grand adventure, but after talking to her I think she made the right choice.  It came down to friends, that she is a sophomore, most of her friends are juniors, so next year will be her last year of school with them.  She just didn't want to miss it.  So she decided to take the job T got her with Ceva here in the area, which will allow her to live in her college town for the summer and attend school for the fall semester.

D finally gussied up his resume and got it to T so he could get his name out there for a summer internship in his field, finance and accounting.  That was good, although still nerve-wracking because the kid is a little behind in the process.

My mother-in-law came over after her art class and we spent some time printing off landscapes from the computer for her to paint.  That was fun just because they were beautiful.

R got the day off school after 1st hour because the school lost power.  Why is that fun for me?  I don't know, but I always love it when he gets any day off, but especially an unexpected one.  =)

But for the happy moment of the day, I think I have to go with my Bible study.  We were a small group this morning, only three of us besides the leader.  And one of the other women who was there is my favorite of all the women who attend.  She's a great thinker.  I love to hear her thoughts, I love to share my thoughts with her and hear her response.  There are not many good thinkers in the world today, there just aren't, and I really appreciate the ones I encounter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment