Saturday, March 31, 2012

Saturday, March 31

I got a new Jeep Grand Cherokee today!  White.  Rather a stripped down version, which is exactly me.  I didn't feel comfortable with all the hoo-rah of the one we test drove, plus all that extra stuff would have cost us about $12,000 extra!  This one is still an amazing car, will get me through all kinds of weather safely, and has everything I need...  Well, the only thing I'll miss that it turns out this one doesn't have is the button to open the garage door.  My Caravan and T's Durango have that, and they're both pretty stripped down versions too.  Maybe we can look into getting that added.

L had three dance performances today.  They did a show for the residents of a local retirement community.  This beautiful facility has a full stage and auditorium, so they perform there a few times throughout the year.  They also did a "pre-show" performance for friends and family there.  And then she performed at church.

This, along with making the car purchase, and L had a friend spend the night and we all went out to see the movie, The Hunger Games, in the evening -- all this made for an exhausting day.  I'm so tired my head is swimming.

Then tomorrow we're up early again so the girls can perform for the Sunday services at church, but I have to hustle and get my house cleaned up in the morning because my sister from Philly is coming into town for my oldest sister's birthday.  We four sisters will meet at a restaurant, then come back here for dessert and more sisterly bonding.  Then get Philly sister (Becky) back on a plane.  Whew.  I'm too tired to think about it right now.

But I forgot, the purpose of this blog is not to reminisce about the day.  It is to choose the one happy moment.  Of course, it would have to be the first drive in my new, sparkling white Grand Cherokee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment