Monday, March 5, 2012

Monday, March 5

Today was a pretty low-key day, and as I think back on it, I'm a little embarrassed at my happy moment.  Not much of note happened at all, but the personal little happy of the day was spent working through my physics book.  I am considering teaching high school physics next year at L's homeschool group, Palaestra.  I decided I'd darn well better make sure I can still do all this physics before I commit.  So yesterday I finished the first of 16 modules (chapters).  Of course it was easy.  It was never the first module I was worried about, or the second.  The third begins to use trigonometry, so I'm anxious to get there to see what I've forgotten.

Anyway, it was fun.  I like physics because I like puzzles.  I as I worked through the module I kept a notebook of my work, just so that I won't have redo the problems if I do teach next year.  And I figured out the best way to require the students to keep their notebooks too, with separate sections for worked problems, and each portion of memory work: formulas, definitions, and important concepts.

So that was my unusual, but personally fun, happy of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment