Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thursday, March 8

I'm cheating again today, posting early.  That $1,000,000 ticket could well be on its way to our house and I will have totally missed my opportunity to report it as my happiest moment of the day.  But I live on the wild side, so I'm going to risk it and make the call early, at 7:00 p.m.

Today was a very challenged day when it comes to happy moments.  If any happy moments were thinking of making an appearance, they tucked tail and ran for cover as soon as they caught the local vibe.  Living with two teenagers can be depressing.  I've never been more stupid, had more stupid things to say, never been more annoying to be around and never made more unappetizing things to eat than I do now.  You'd think after 49 years of existence, I'd have more to offer, but evidently not.  Two teenagers cannot be wrong.  And although T has long outgrown his teen years, some days he can be pretty miserable too.

So I am feeling sorry for myself today.  Thankfully, actually, I woke up this morning feeling sorry for myself.  That turned out to be a good thing because I did, in my self-pity, do one fun thing for myself early this morning.  I bought an app that was all for me, all for my own private self-improvement and enjoyment.  The best part of it is that it's my own private secret.  Something I'll share with you because you're special, but no one with skin on.

It's not much really.  Just a weight tracker.  I took some time to choose my very favorite, being as particular as I could about the way the graph looks and the way the data is input.  But somehow it's making me happy, and not sharing it with anyone is making me happy.  I haven't quite figured out why it's important to me that that be a secret, but it is.

So R is coming for the computer.  I have to run and I don't feel like I've quite thoroughly explained myself.  But I'm going to hit the publish button now and finish later.  But I'll say that downloading that app was today's happy moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment