Thursday, March 29, 2012

Thursday, March 29

The Candida Diet.  That was my happy moment today.  My CBS core leader has been battling a systemic yeast infection for the past several months and has been following this diet.  It comes up now and then, and every time she has talked about it I have known it would be good for me.  So with no premeditation, this morning I made the decision to begin.  I'm following the food restrictions outlined on the website www.thecandidadiet.com.  After only one day, I'm sold.  This will be good for me.

I made myself some chicken with tomatoes and onion for breakfast, and it was delicious!  I actually ate an entire tomato at lunch, and enjoyed it.  And I discovered that nonfat, plain yogurt is edible without gobs of fruit and sweetener added. 

I love, and I do mean LOVE carbs in every form...well, except in the form of vegetables, unless said vegetable is deep fried.  But I especially love sweets, breads and every other form of uber-refined carb.   And once I eat a little, all I want is more.  I have beaten myself up for years at my lack of self-control in this.  But really, I don't feel well when I eat refined carbs.  I love them, but they leave me feeling somehow just generally yucky inside and out.

When I abstain, I feel better and I stop craving them altogether.  So, I'm excited!  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment