Sunday, March 4, 2012

Sunday, March 4

Well, the day isn't over yet, so I suppose I have no business selecting my happy moment yet, do I?  But I'm pretty sure I know what it will be. 

L had her Grade IV ballet exam this morning, which was probably more nerve wracking for us moms than for the girls!  But they did great.  All of them did well, I'm sure, but in particular, it seems that L and her friend, C, who tested together, did very well.  They went in with three girls from another studio and it sounds like they benefited from the comparison.  =)  They were much better prepared.  A woman who was helping with the music during the testing and also owns her own ballet studio came out afterward and told us how well they did.

For Grade IV they had to select one minute of music and choreograph their own dance for it.  There were two places in L's dance that required her to balance on one leg for a bit, once while she forms a slow arabesque and another where she raises a leg straight up.  Both those places are highlights of the dance in my opinion, but some days her balance is just better than others.  Some days that supporting leg is rock solid, and other days the effect is ruined as the viewer (me) worries that that wobbling leg will become a toppling leg! 

Of course I wasn't allowed to watch, which is a mercy, but L says and C corroborates that her balance was good today.   =)  So the happy moment was simply the success of the exam and the thrill that L and her friends have all passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment